Saturday, March 23, 2013

Introduction

I started this blog as an assignment for my class.  You see I am a doctoral student at Walden University.  I am studying early childhood.  I haven't decided what I am going to do with this degree, so for right now, I am going to just enjoy the ride - and not stressing over it too much.

But enough about my assignment.  Let me tell you about me.  I am a pre-Kindergarten teacher in southern Maryland. This is my first year teaching Pre-K.  I taught kindergarten for nine years.  I love my job. I have a great group of students and a terrific assistant. I really don't know how teachers work without one. 

I am not married nor do I have any children of my own. But I do have three adorable nephews. The oldest one aka My Buddy is in kindergarten this year.  Being an aunt is great, it is like being a grandparent but you are still young.  You can spoil them, do cool things with them and then let the parents handle the rest.  I tried to see them as often as I can. They grow up so quick.

I love football.  My favorite team is the Steelers even in Maryland.  The Redskins fans have not converted me yet.  I don't watch any other sports, so when football season is over.  I am a little sad. 

When I have a little free time - ha - I like to go shopping.  I like to cook.  I like to find recipes and try them out.  My life is busy.  With studying, church, and a second job, time is of the essence. 

Whew... getting tired just typing this.  Here it is:  the life of a doctoral student....

No comments:

Post a Comment